[CentOS] Centos6 - Xfce - howto add usb automount

Johan Vermeulen jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be
Fri Nov 18 05:59:41 UTC 2011

Op 15-11-11 19:16, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg schreef:

> Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> Vreme: 11/15/2011 07:03 PM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg piše:
>>> So I don't know where you got it from, and how it's packaged.
>> It's in EPEL.
> ah yes, and I see they carry a thunar-volman package. OP, install that
> and you should be good.

dear All,

thanks for the many replies.

I tested this some more :

*thunar-volman is installed by default, so does not seem to automount
usb in CentOs6

*I install autofs
    #autofs&
    (1) 1775
     output: -bash: autofs : command not found.
   so also no usb.

   I also tried starting autofs via system-config-services.

*   Thunar --daemon   : howto do that ?

The good thing is, when installing Nautilus, the usb now also automounts
in Thunar.

greetings, J.