[CentOS] not using LVM for Linux VM guests?

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Nov 21 08:26:07 UTC 2011

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011, Smithies, Russell wrote:

> Nope, doesn't work for me still.
> It's the root partition I'm trying to resize so if I delete then recreate to
> larger size, partprobe still fails then if I reboot it won't start as it
> can't find the root partition.  As Barry suggested, I don't think you can
> reread the root partition.

Hang on, if you recreated root's partition at the same starting point it
wouldn't struggle to find it would it?  Are you *sure* you're making the
partition in *exactly* the same place?  I'm just wondering if the partition
was carefully byte aligned, then you're just using fdisk and misplacing it?

jh