[CentOS] Any ideas?? -- Re: EC2 compatible kernel for centos 6?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Nov 23 20:01:22 UTC 2011

Hi, Rob,

Robinson Tiemuqinke wrote:

>  Would you mind to elaborate your steps of fixing?
>
>  I'm using 'yum groupinstall --installroot=/<loopDevice> ...' method, then
> Install(not update) the newest kernel from cr/ repository.
>
> Did you rebuild initial ramdisk? If so, what's your command to do that?
> Thanks a lot.

No, I wasn't using a command line, because I couldn't get the sucker to
boot, even though when I did what it told me to do on panic - add rdshell
to the kernel line before booting - I could manually assemble the RAIDs,
but then it wouldn't mount.

I *literally* started an install (I had a PXEboot one available) with no
ks file. About three or four screens in, it presented me with a set of
options to install (wipe everything), or... forget what the second option
was, and the third was "upgrade", and it showed a dropdown list (which,
for me, only had one entry) of the one I'd installed. I chose that, and
then clicked for go, and from that point, it was literally about two
minutes, and it installed grub, then did some post-install scripts of its
own, and told me it was time to reboot.

       mark