[CentOS] SSD diagnostics / test suite?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Nov 24 13:26:31 UTC 2011

On 11/23/2011 07:02 PM, Alan McKay wrote:
> Now, what about comprehensive suites?  Should I just run some IO
> suites on it like bonnie++ or something like that, and see what SMART
> says in the process?

test for what you care about really, most people use SSD's for the
performance angle. I tend to prefer iozone over bonnie++ these days -
there are a host of other perf test tools that might be worth running
through, eg the mysql-bench or the pgsql perf test. Depends on what your
production workload is and what you care about

- KB