[CentOS] Forget SMB password immediately

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at arinet.org
Fri Nov 25 11:11:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Guitart Francesc
<francesc.guitart at enise.fr> wrote:
> In fact I have explained wrong. This time I log in from any window File
>  >> Go to .. (I don't know the exact translation in english cause I'm in
> one french computer) and type smb://nas_name.
>
> I can access to the NAS and I can enter all the shared folders of all
> users that I previously had been logged from "Connect to server"

1) How do you arrange the directory structures of the share?
Is it like:
/data/share/userA
/data/share/userB
?

2). How do you setup the share in smb.conf?
Is it like:
[data]
path=/data/share
?

If yes to the above.... the only protection you can give is by
filesystem permission and ownership, not through samba.