[CentOS] CentOS6 yum-plugin-fastestmirror spectacular failure

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Nov 25 17:55:45 UTC 2011

On 11/25/2011 04:33 PM, Lars Hecking wrote:
>> Doesn't that mean that it is not mirrored?

it would be in the mirrors, but the baseurl is set to mirror.centos.org,
and we dont serve up CR from mirrorlist.centos.org

>  When I log into one of our machines in the US and try it there,
>  timedhosts.txt very definitely lists US mirrors; various .edu,
>  kernel.org, and so on.

most machines would have base and updates and extras enabled, so you
will see those being listed as mirror lists are handed out.

open a bugreport at bugs.centos.org if you think the geoip lookup is
getting it wrong ( include the ip you are connecting from ).

- KB