[CentOS] qemu-kvm failed after update from CR repo

Emmett Culley

emmett at webengineer.com
Mon Nov 28 18:38:31 UTC 2011

I finally decided to install the CR repo on one of my CentOS 6 machines that I use as a host for some VMs (also running CentOS 6).

Before updating the host I updated a VM that was not critical to test the process and was able to boot that VM, so I went ahead with updating the host and the two VMs that were in use.

When I rebooted the host none of the VM would start.

Once I figured out that it had to be the host I started downgrading the virtual packages.  I was finally able to get the VMs to boot after dwongrading qemu-kvm.

Has anyone else seen this?

Emmett