[CentOS] Forget SMB password immediately

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Nov 28 19:26:21 UTC 2011

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
>> On Monday, November 28, 2011 12:40:59 PM m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>> You missed one: he may not have the authority to do so.
>>
>> Yep, I did.  I keep forgetting that others don't have the flexibility
>> that I do, so thanks for that reminder.
>>

> None of which justifies someone else helping to continue a misguided
> and insecure practice...  If it is a matter of policy, let them take
> the hit themselves.

Les, that's rude and thoughtless. The OP isn't "guilty" of following it,
he may be doing what he's told to do. Now, maybe, you're in such an
employment that if you disapprove of the way something's done, you just
take a hike. The rest of us, in the middle of a bloody depression, hang
onto our jobs as hard as we can. We may do our best to lead management to
better practice, but when they say, "do it my way", we're stuck doing it
that way, or are in danger of being told to take a hike.

Is that the hit you offer the OP?

         mark