[CentOS] Using the CR repo

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Tue Nov 29 00:32:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 04:07:27PM -0800, david wrote:

Please do not top-post to the centos mailing lists - thank you.

> Is priority=1 more important than priority=2?  If so, then I already have

Yes.  "highest" priority is 0; "lowest" priority is 99.

> at priority 1:
>   base, centosplus, updates, extras
> at priority 3
>   cr

cr will never be permitted to update base/centosplus/updates/extras
currently.

I must apologize for my original response; wording was quite confusing,
if not outright wrong.

It should have read:

"Priority must be the same or higher than base/updates; lower numeric values
are rated at a higher priority."

							John
--
Do not train [children] to learning by force and harshness, but direct them to
it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with

-- Plato (c 427 BC - 347 BC), Greek philosopher, student of Socrates, teacher
   of Aristotle, founder of the Academy of Athens, in The Republic,
   Book VII, section 16