[CentOS] how to install standard software on systems with heterogeneous hardware?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 20:32:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Scot P. Floess <sfloess at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> I seriously recommend it :)  Sorry, I wasn't sure if Les' response was
> overly sarcastic ;)

No, I was just wondering about the tradeoff in time spent learning yet
another system-specific template language vs just executing the
commands directly (in windows, in parallel so you don't have to
wait...).    For 100+ similar machines I'd expect it to be worth it.
Not that automation isn't good, but if you have the list of packages
you want to install in the first place, it's not all that hard to do
it yourself.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com