[CentOS] udev-devel or libudev-devel on CentOS 5.6

Kaushal Shriyan

kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 23:00:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:58 AM, Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 27/09/11 23:39, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there libudev-devel or udev-devel package available on CentOS 5.6 ?
>>

> No, there is not. There is only the udev package.

Hi,

I have  "20:04.0 Network controller: Sangoma Technologies Corp. A104d
QUAD T1/E1 AFT card" on Host OS, Its not visible on guest OS using
linux KVM application.

I did open the window for guest from virt-manager on my Ubuntu Linux
Desktop 11.04, shut down the guest, then select the "Details" view
from the menu on that window, and click "Add Hardware" at the bottom,
select "PCI Host Device" in the selections on the left, and find your
device in the list of host devices on the right. Then click "Finish".
Finally, start your guest up again, and the device should appear.

I get "Connection  does not support host device enumeration"  Any clue ?

libvirt-0.8.2-22.el5 version running on CentOS Linux Server version 5.6

I got a reply from the forum.

you can compile from the source code youself.

# rpm -qi libvirt

You will see the version you use currently, and get the same
source tarball from http://libvirt.org/sources/ to compile.

Of course, you can download newer source to compile, but
it may also need newer dependency packages. So compiling
from the same version is the easiest way. :-)

If you really don't want to compile yourself, just file a bug
to CentOS, guess the packger will help you do it.

Regards,

Kaushal