[CentOS] BIND and a second server resolving itself

Robert Spangler mlists at zoominternet.net
Fri Oct 7 21:29:00 UTC 2011

On Friday 07 October 2011 06:25, the following was written:

>  In the named.conf, located on main.example.com, I am adding my entire 16
>  IP block of addresses along with my localhost
>  options {
>       allow-recursion { localhost; xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx /29;};
>       allow-query { localhost; xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/29; };
>  };

Maybe I am missing something here but if you are only allowing your entire 16
block to query/resolve on your DNS server why are you even running a DNS
server?  Sounds like an over kill to me.  Why not just setup the resolv.conf
file to use your Datacenter, Google or some other open DNS server to resolve
for YUM?

--

Regards
Robert