[CentOS] CentOS 6.0 CR mdadm-3.2.2 breaks Intel BIOS RAID

Lucian lucian at lastdot.org
Sun Oct 9 06:51:44 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Trey Dockendorf <treydock at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone confirm or advise how to do partionable raid with mdadm in Centos
> 6?  I made a few attempts using methods from centos 5 with no success.
> Everytime I created md_d0 it did not contain any partions from the member
> disks.

I can advise not to do that, it always looked like an ugly hack to me.
Just stick with the standard way. What I do is just create a small md
raid for /boot (this needs to be raid1) and make everything else one
big md raid with lvm on top. Works great for me and it's very flexible
due to lvm and ext4 (that means on the fly filesystem resize among
other things).