[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 17:37:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Gary Greene
<ggreene at minervanetworks.com> wrote:

>>> I've never quite understood how anything containing any GPL-covered
>>> code could have any redistribution/use restrictions added.
>>>
>> Trust me ... the Linux Foundation thinks it is OK, so we are SOL.
>
> I'd rather get the opinion of the FSF (those whom wrote the license) instead
> of LF, as they don't matter as much, really.

You'd need a copyright owner to initiate legal action.   And the FSF
generally is more concerned about source availability although
binaries are clearly derived from source and covered by the same
copyright, and I can't see any exception at least in GPLv2 about being
able to put additional redistribution/use restrictions on covered
binaries.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com