[CentOS] CentOS 4 Dovecot Problem

John Hinton

webmaster at ew3d.com
Sun Oct 23 16:19:16 UTC 2011

For those of you that still are running CentOS 4... I have one system
that is still going... there is a problem with the newest release of
Dovecot under mbox. Certain spam is causing this error when users try to
log on.

file lib.c: line 37 (nearest_power): assertion failed: (num <=
((size_t)1 << (BITS_IN_SIZE_T-1)))

Rolling back to a previous release fixes these issues. I'm not bothering
to file a bug with Redhat as the EOL is rapidly approaching and I just
about have my one system's users moved to a new server.

I have not as of yet seen this problem on CentOS 5 mbox systems, but I
don't have many users on those systems either as I'm 'slowly' migrating
all to CentOS 6 Maildir systems.

--
John Hinton
877-777-1407 ext 502