[CentOS] Selinux extra packages and compiled apps

John Doe

jdmls at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 14:50:23 UTC 2011

Hey,

I am in the process of trying (and convincing my colleagues) to learn/setup

selinux as we switch to 6.0...
Quick question: do I really "need" to install the setools/setroubleshoot

packages or can I live without them?  They want to install 80 packages

(gnome stuff, gstreamer, gtk, tcl/tk...) and I would like to avoid installing

all sort of graphical tools/libs on my lean servers.

Can I just install setools-console by example?

Is there a console only equivalent for setroubleshoot?

If you know a must-have "selinux for dummies" like howto, apart from

Redhat/Fedora doc or CentOS wiki, I am interested!Especially if it covers the case of many non-standard applications (the
policy here is to use compiled apaches/php/mencoder/ffmpeg/..., all
installed (with their data/logs) in a "/OURDIR" directory (but still
use /var/run for the pids and a few others depending on the app),
init.d scripts, logrotates, etc...

Thx,
JD