[CentOS] OT: help with email list reading programs w/ best features to read the centos and other lists that can filter people etc

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Sep 4 00:36:32 UTC 2011

--On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:46 PM -0700 R - elists
<lists07 at abbacomm.net> wrote:

> would some kind soul(s) please direct us in locating the best email list
> reading programs w/ the best features to read the centos and other lists.

My CentOS box is my mail server. It uses procmail as the delivery agent, so
it honors the .procmailrc filter in every user's home directory. I use that
to pre-deliver list mail to list-specific folders in my ~/mail hierarchy
(~/Maildir if you use Maildir format) and then read the result with the
Mulberry mail client and Dovecot as the IMAP server.

It should be straightforward to add additional filter rules to .procmailrc
to either remove mail from selected senders or add flags that your email
client would understand to hide or highlight. (I set the "important" flag
to highlight messages from project administrators and messages that contain
my address in the references headers (ie. replies to me).