[CentOS] Have not had any updates to Centos 5.5

Always Learning centos at u61.u22.net
Thu Sep 8 00:07:43 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 16:40 -0700, Todd Cary wrote:

> Unfortunately, I am not fully aware of all of yum's settings and
> functions.  Could you give me a little more detail or point me to
> the appropriate MAN page?

(1) Many of us on 5.6 have installed to /etc/yum.repos.d an extra file
for an extra, probably temporary, new repository called 'CR'.  Unsure
what CR means but it might be 'Continuous Revision'.

(2) You write you are on 5.5 so I am unsure whether the 'CR' repo is
also for you. No doubt others will enlighten us.

(3) The contents of the CR repo are (the file name is your own choice):-

# CentOS-CR.repo
#
# The continuous release  ( CR ) repository contains rpms from the
# next point release of CentOS, which isnt itself released as yet.
#
# Look at http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR
# for more details about how this repository works and what users
# should expect to see included / excluded

[cr]
name=CentOS-$releasever - CR
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/cr/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
priorities=1

(4) As you will notice, in the file is a link for further information.

(5) If this file is for your 5.5, then install it then do a

	yum update

and you should see things being installed.

Regards,

Paul.