[CentOS] boot problem after disk change on raid1

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Thu Sep 8 05:11:34 UTC 2011

Bünyamin Ýzzet <bunyamin.izzet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Devin Reade <gdr at gno.org> wrote:

[snip]
>>                        # grub
>>                        grub> device (hd0) /dev/sdb
>>                        grub> root (hd0,0)
>>                        grub> setup (hd0)
>>                        grub> quit
>
> It still does not boot. I could not see the error message, because it is a
> dedicated server and I am not sitting at the monitor of the server. So I
> type the lines in grub.conf manually to see the error (I'm not sure if it is
> the right thing to see the error).

If you mean that you typed the lines I gave above into grub.conf, then
that was not what was intended (and I doubt that it would work).  My
intent was that you get the system booted and running normally (perhaps
via the rescue disk), and after that execute 'grub' interactively
and issue those commands.

Devin