[CentOS] Postfix Question - CentOS 6

John Hinton

webmaster at ew3d.com
Fri Sep 9 05:10:14 UTC 2011

I'm trying to figure out if this is a bug...

I'm running Postfix with Dovecot Authentication and have Amavisd-new as
the front end. I fought with the install and in particular being able to
send mail.... Auth failed. Hours of looking through all the config files
yielded nothing... so I started Googling about. I finally found a
comment at the bottom of a blog to check permissions on:

/var/spool/postfix/private/auth

It seems this must be owned by postfix but it was owned by root.

So, can somebody check to see if this is there in a CentOS 6 Postfix
install where Amavis is not installed? And if so, what are the default
permissions?

Thanks,
John Hinton