[CentOS] Where are the CentOS 6 security updates?

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Fri Sep 9 19:42:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 08:11:57PM +0100, Christopher J. Buckley wrote:

> /me thinks you should quit whining about a volunteer driven project, and
> get your chequebook out and purchase a subscription from the upstream vendor
> if
> timely patches are of importance to you.

Whining about when 6 was going to drop was one thing; installing 6 once
it did drop and not having a security update since July is quite another
entirely and people are well within their rights to question the lack of
such updates.  SLA or no SLA there is an obligation to the masses that use
the product which is not being met.

There has been talk of the 6/CR repo but that has not yet manifested
itself that I can see other than a non-populated hierarchy on the
mirrors that one can only hope indicates that the release of 6/CR is
imminent.

Note that this reply is not designed to stir up a bunch of list trolls
and this thread degenerating into a pissing contest isn't going to help
anyone.

							John

--
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to
what lies within us.