[CentOS] XORG and LCD Projector

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sun Sep 11 15:19:08 UTC 2011

> @Christopher Hawker :
> my laptop version is M54SR, old version of Axioo.
>
> @Robert Heller :
> VGA or DVI?
> --> VGA
>
> Which screen is blank? The notebook's or the LCD Projector or both?
> --> LCD Projector
>
> Is the LCD Projector displaying a message to the effect that an
> unsupported sync rate or video mode in being used?
> --> No. Nothing's happen. Just blank screen. I think it's becaused lcd
> projector mode maybe doesn't same with xorg but I don't know how to
> configure it.

Remove the '1280x800' video mode.  It is likely that the LCD Projector
is a standard 4:3 video device (this is implied by being a VGA device)
and is not going to handle a (near) 16:9 (wide screen) video mode.
Unless the LCD Projector is really, really, really old, it should
handle 1024x768 without problems.

> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:

> > wrote:
> >

> > > and this is my xorg configuration :
> > > Section "Device"
> > >         Identifier  "Videocard0"
> > >         Driver      "openchrome"
> > > EndSection
> > >
> > > Section "Screen"
> > >         Identifier "Screen0"
> > >         Device     "Videocard0"
> > >         DefaultDepth     24
> > >         SubSection "Display"
> > >                 Viewport   0 0
> > >                 Depth     24
> > >                 Modes    "1280x800" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
                                ^
This is probably the problem ___|

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com