[CentOS] lftp mirror replication

John R Pierce

pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Sep 12 22:21:44 UTC 2011

so I have an internal mirror I was replicating off mirrors.kernel.org
via lftp, using a script...

     /usr/local/bin/lftp -c 'open ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/pub/ && \
         lcd /export/mirror && \
         mirror --continue --verbose=1 -x ia64 -x s390 -x s390x \
             -x alpha -x SRPMS centos'

well, kernel.org is down now, due to their being hacked, grrrr.   if I
switch this to another source archive, will it 'just work' or will there
be any differences in the file dates that will end up causing massive
new downloads of the same data?

and, is it just me, or is the mirror list on
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=30 a lot smaller
than it used to be?