[CentOS] Vitualization and Partitioning

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:38:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at softdux.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 1:52 AM, Thomas Dukes <tdukes at sc.rr.com> wrote:

Hi, Interesting subject. Let me participate too. Suppose we are going
to install 3 VMs, I think it is proper to create separate LVMs  like
this

/dev/vg_server1/lv.server1

and mount it as

/var/lib/libvirt/images/server1

/dev/vg_server2/lv.server2

and mount it as

/var/lib/libvirt/images/server2

/dev/vg_server3/lv.server3

and mount it as

/var/lib/libvirt/images/server3

If I mount in that way, Is it possible to take live snapshot backup
while these 2 servers are running?

Hope to hear from you..

> --
> Kind Regards