[CentOS] Cannot mount NTFS filesystems under Xfce4

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Tue Sep 13 18:19:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:

> From: Nicolas Thierry-Mieg <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Cannot mount NTFS filesystems under Xfce4
>
> Keith Roberts wrote:

>>> you need fuse-ntfs-3g , get it from repoforge.
>>
>> Thanks Nicolas. Is that as well as what I already have
>> installed, or instead of?
>
> fuse-ntfs-3g is sufficient for rw access to files on ntfs partitions,
> but keeping what you have shouldn't harm.
>
> also, read this:
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/NTFS

Thanks again Nicolas.

Somehow I managed to install ntfs-3g, instead of fuse-ntfs-3g:

Installed Packages
Name       : ntfs-3g
Arch       : i386
Epoch      : 2
Version    : 2011.4.12
Release    : 3.el5
Size       : 623 k
Repo       : installed
Summary    : Linux NTFS userspace driver
URL        : http://www.ntfs-3g.org/

And it works OK now thanks! I have managed to mount the NTFS
HDD partition, and also copied some large files to it OK.

So that's really handy thing to be able to do.

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net