[CentOS] Vitualization and Partitioning

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 21:10:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan <
raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Trey Dockendorf <treydock at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > That considered I saw no benefit in my
> > case to use LVM when some other tools could combine the ability to do
> both
> > qcow2 and memory snapshotting at once.
>
> Could you kindly share with us the tools you which could do both?
>
> Another (may unrelated) question:
>
> Has anybody installed or migrated a Netware 3.12 using KVM?
>
> If so, can you please share the experiences? especially bits about
> Netware partitioning and the NIC model that needs to be selected?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Rajagopal

I've only successfully tested using virt-manager to do snapshots.  There is
a way using virsh, doing "snapshot-create domain", but I receive an error
due to lack of that feature.

error: internal error unable to execute QEMU command 'savevm': The command
savevm has not been found

Using the virsh "save" command works, but only does it without shutting down
the VM if done through virt-manager.  Other tools that look promising for
snapshots thus far are things like Convirt, OpenQRM, and Archipel, but I
have yet to get them in production to test that out.

- Trey