[CentOS] Upgrade from 5.6 => 5.7

Always Learning centos at u61.u22.net
Thu Sep 15 01:39:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 18:08 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:

> an accounting system thats in plain HTML would be incredibly clunky to
> use.  you really want to do this in ajax/jquery or whatever so its more
> interactive

No thank you. HTML, CSS, PHP and MySQL are my chosen tools for my
systems.

I have written 20+ complete systems using these and found them to be
fast and very effective. Everyone who has seen my HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL
systems has been favourably impressed (me too!). MySQL is a fast
database system. Never ever used a SQL join or view, just well designed
databases with carefully planned tables - that is the art of good
programming.

Ajax/Jquery is someone else's parametrised programming language. It adds
complexity and overhead to what is fundamentally a very basic task. Ajax
etc. seem to appeal to people who are not good (or natural) programmers.
Ajax etc. is like programming with boxing gloves on and taking several
weeks to do it. If they want to use it, let them.

> also, I'd suggest using postgresql for better data integrity, and
> anything-but-php (Python?) for better webside security.

I have been using MySQL on Linux for about 4 years and never had a
problem. What security issues has PHP ?

--
With best regards,

Paul.