[CentOS] Yum segmentation fault updating from 5.6 to 5.7

sebastiano at datafaber.net sebastiano at datafaber.net
Thu Sep 15 13:18:27 UTC 2011

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:10:50 +0200, sebastiano at datafaber.net wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:44:59 +0800, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Kahlil Hodgson
>> <kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au> wrote:
>>> Perhaps your are downloading the same corrupted primary.xml.gz
>>> from mirror.opendoc.net.  Maybe try another mirror?  Perhaps
>>> download
>>> the file manually and compare?
>
> This is a good idea, however I don't know how can I force yum to use
> another mirror. Do you have any suggestion?

Update: yum chose to use another mirror and it failed in the exact same
way.

[root at picard yum.repos.d]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror, priorities
Determining fastest mirrors
  * base: mirrors.ircam.fr
  * extras: mirrors.ircam.fr
  * updates: mirrors.ircam.fr
base                                               | 1.1 kB     00:00
base/primary                                       | 961 kB     00:00
Segmentation fault

So either several mirrors all have the same corrupted file, or my box
is generating a corrupted file each time. I would tend towards the
second hypothesis, since other people have successfully updated their
5.6 installations to 5.7.