[CentOS] CentOS 5.6 to 5.7 upgrade

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Sep 15 13:40:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 08:53:44AM +0200, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Almost wish I had something more exciting to say regarding the 5.6 to 5.7
> upgrade, but it just worked flawlessly. Physical as well as virtual
> machines.
>
> Thanks CentOS-team for your good work!

Seconded!

My update went very well. booted right back up an everthing seems to
be working--except...

for some reason it overwrote my sendmail.cf rather than dropping in
a sendmail.cf.rpmnew as it has done in the past, so after several hours
I noticed I wasn't getting any incoming email. after a little flailing
this morning (not having yet had any caffeine) I realized I should
look at that. copied my version in, bounced sendmail and off to the races!

Fred

    community.
 --Roger Ebert, December, 1996