[CentOS] Upgrade from 5.6 => 5.7

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Sep 15 13:42:27 UTC 2011

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Always Learning wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 05:16 -0700, Craig White wrote:
>

>> Gmagic/Imagick are somewhat incapable of doing graphing at all.
>
> Have you ever really looked ? What about GmagickDraw::point and similar
> items ?

I think the risk of the KISS approach is that you tend to reimplement
everything, because everything everyone else has done is overcomplicated.

It's not that you *can't* do all this yourself, but that you're possibly
dealing with life at a layer or two lower than you might.  Simply by using an
existing library (say jpgraph, but it's chosen at random) you get a load of
functionality (that gets improved over time) without having to implement any
of it yourself.  You're not simply producing a graph, you're producing code
that draws a graph and then drawing a graph.  Why write the code?

I much prefer other people's bugs to my own, as there's a chance they'll fix
it, or failing that, I can fix their bug and the world's a better place.

jh