[CentOS] Upgrade from 5.6 => 5.7

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 16:56:39 UTC 2011

On 9/15/11, Always Learning <centos at u61.u22.net> wrote:
> I have written 20+ complete systems using these and found them to be
> fast and very effective. Everyone who has seen my HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL
> systems has been favourably impressed (me too!). MySQL is a fast
> database system. Never ever used a SQL join or view, just well designed
> databases with carefully planned tables - that is the art of good
> programming.

So how do you retrieve data that are kept in different tables? Or do
you simply replicate the same data in every single table that needs
it?

> Ajax/Jquery is someone else's parametrised programming language. It adds
> complexity and overhead to what is fundamentally a very basic task. Ajax
> etc. seem to appeal to people who are not good (or natural) programmers.
> Ajax etc. is like programming with boxing gloves on and taking several
> weeks to do it. If they want to use it, let them.

While I'd agree with you somewhat on jQuery and frameworks, AJAX isn't
the same thing. It's just a style of user interface that does make the
application more user-friendly. After all, in the hypothetical
accounting program, wouldn't typing a few letters in the invoicing
page to start displaying a list of possible customers be more
efficient than having to go to a separate search page to list and
select a customer?

>> also, I'd suggest using postgresql for better data integrity, and
>> anything-but-php (Python?) for better webside security.
>
> I have been using MySQL on Linux for about 4 years and never had a
> problem. What security issues has PHP ?

In my largely unresearched opinion, the same security issues that any
server side language might have: careless or naive programmers.