[CentOS] Yum segmentation fault updating from 5.6 to 5.7

Sebastiano Pilla sebastiano at datafaber.net
Thu Sep 15 22:22:41 UTC 2011

Josh Miller wrote:
> On 09/15/2011 02:45 PM, Sebastiano Pilla wrote:
>> Craig White wrote:
>>> mv /var/cache/yum/base/primary.xml.gz/sqlite /tmp
>>>
>>> and try again I suppose - yes, that file is supposed to be much larger - I suspect that it will create a new 'copy' of that file if it fails to find it.
>> Unfortunately yum recreates the same corrupted file, even if I move it
>> out or delete it:
>
> Are you behind a proxy?

No, there are no proxies between this box and the Internet (and all the
other boxes where the same problem appears aren't behind proxies either).

Based on what I'm seeing, I do not think that yum is downloading a
corrupt sqlite database, rather than it is creating a corrupt database
all by itself. I have however no definite confirmation of this and I
would like to have one before filing a bug against yum.