[CentOS] OT : ARIN Apologies .....

Always Learning

centos at u61.u22.net
Fri Sep 16 19:42:05 UTC 2011

For those who use Centos and have problems with ARIN, here is today's
apology from ARIN's Chief Engineer Andy Newton posted on ARIN-Tech.
Follow-ups, if any, off-list please. Thank you.

Paul
--------------------------------------

All,

We appreciate your patience and willingness to work with us through
issues and questions that have arisen with regard to Reg-RWS, our
RESTful provisioning and resource management interface.

We recognize that our current documentation is deficient, and we are
working to correct that problem. Poor or inadequate documentation can be
frustrating, and for that we apologize. While the Reg-RWS documentation
addresses specific method calls and payloads, there is no good reference
to the broader ARIN business rules nor how they apply to the RESTful
interface or any of the other ARIN systems. We are working to address
this gap.

Again, thank you for your patience and willingness to work through
questions and issues.

Andy Newton
Chief Engineer, ARIN