[CentOS] centos product specification

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sat Sep 17 04:47:41 UTC 2011

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011, Always Learning wrote:

> Can't see any new web site on the latter URL. I'm not a Flash user by
> choice.

> Perhaps the Centos web site should be simple, practical, helpful in
> preference to emulating the very latest presentation gimmicks ? A larger
> font size will be useful for most people over 40 years of age.

yeah -- fiddling with websites is a major priority, compared
to, say, issuing a update that, frankly, was flawless on
several hundred machines I've run the 5.7 bump on.  While I
wish QA could happen faster, some interesting and picky corner
cases were spotted and never bit the millions of machines
outside of QA test units

>> Feel free to get involved.
>
> My work load is excessive and will be so for probably another 6 to 12
> months and I have told KB I'm willing to organise some Centos events. I

what a crock -- go cry elsewhere, troll

I suppose I'll have to take up mailing list moderation issues
again -- The person I needed to talk with is already away for
the weekend, however.  Fortunately we have already covered the
topic of addressing your spam and have consensus as to how to
proceed

It is _so_ much more useful and rewarding to be a kindergarten
playground monitor, than to do that pesky business of bug
testing and package building ... not

-- Russ herrold