[CentOS] centos product specification

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Sep 17 07:29:58 UTC 2011

On 09/16/11 8:29 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> Perhaps the Centos web site should be simple, practical, helpful in
> preference to emulating the very latest presentation gimmicks ? A larger
> font size will be useful for most people over 40 years of age.

about 700 years ago, give or take a century, they invented these things
called 'eyeglasses' for us older folks.

I'm 57, have typical age induced astigmatism and have worn bifocals
since I was about 45...  I use high res screens and have no trouble with
the centos site's readability, its fonts are the standard size for the
DPI I choose on my screens (typically 100dpi), with standard system
defaults, the centos fonts are pretty much the same size as wikipedia,
google searches, and nearly every other website.

I rather strongly dislike 'easy reader' pages with giant fonts, they
feel like they are dumbed down for 1st graders and take far too much
scrolling to read any significant content.

Anyways, most every browser has a zoom function for those who refuse to
wear corrective lenses, often alt + and alt - ...