[CentOS] ekiga

hadi motamedi motamedi24 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 10:30:59 UTC 2011

On 9/19/11, Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> On Monday, September 19, 2011 03:30 PM, hadi motamedi wrote:
>> On 9/19/11, Christopher Chan<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>  wrote:
>>> Hadi,
>>>
>>> Forget it. I suspect you would have to upgrade a whole load of libraries
>>> and if it were you doing it, you will break your system beyond
>>> recognition.
>>>
>> Thank you very much for your help. You mean it is better to just rely
>> on centos 6.0 and have all clients running it as well?
>
> If you want them all running the same version, then yes, just go centos 6

Thank you very much for your help. Excuse me, do we have other sip
clients rather than ekiga that I can give them a try? The ekiga 2.0.2
is too old to work with my new Asterisk version on my centos 5.0  . I
will upgrade my other clients to centos 6.0 (as you told me) but for
unknown reasons this version of Asterisk does not work on my centos
6.0 but just my centos 5.0 so I need to keep my Asterisk server still
running centos 5.0 but I will upgrade all of my other clients to
centos 6.0  to make use of this new version of ekiga 3.2.6  .
Thank you again