[CentOS] Can't boot Centos6 ext4 partition from GAG bootloader

John Hinton webmaster at ew3d.com
Mon Sep 19 18:31:41 UTC 2011

On 9/19/2011 2:18 PM, Maurice Batey wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:08:20 -0700, Drew wrote:
>
>> Did the installer try to install /boot in the same partition as / ?
>    That's what it did.
>
>> I still keep /boot as ext3.
> OIC. So it needs an extra (ext3) /boot partition, as well as /.
> Now, if the installer had offered that, things might have been different!

It is there. I don't recall exactly how I got to it... I think I
selected 'Customize' at the point where you can choose your packages and
then I selected that I wanted to set the partitions myself. I got the
same partition interface I've always gotten with CentOS installs... but
it wasn't as obvious during the install process. It seems like some of
these buttons might be sort of greyed out, but in fact they are live
buttons. Sorry I don't remember the exact process. It's been a couple of
weeks since doing the last install.

John Hinton