[CentOS] How to update CentOS 5.4 to 5.6?

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Sep 22 14:32:35 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 03:37:38AM -0700, John R Pierce wrote:

> > crap ... the 5.6 files are still there .. just change the baseurl like
> > john doe wrote and you'll get an update to 5.6
>
> no, they aren't.
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5.6/
>
> empty.  except a readme file telling you to look in /5/ instead, which
> has the 5.7 stuff in it.

I'm joining this thread late, so pls forgive me if I'm repeating anything
that someone else has already said.

One relatively easy way to do what I think the OP requests is to go to
vault.centos.org, download the appropriate 5.6 ISO, burn to suitable
optical media, boot, and run an UPDATE installation.

YMMV.

                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.