[CentOS] CentOS-6 by PXEboot?

Timothy Murphy

gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Sep 23 14:49:48 UTC 2011

Has anyone succeeded in installing CentOS-6.0 by PXEboot.
If so, would you say how you did it, please.
I tried (on an HP MicroServer),
but gave up in the end and used a USB stick installation instead.
But I'd be very interested to know how to do it, for the future.

Unfortunately I didn't keep a proper note of my PXEboot attempt,
but IIRC the problem was that install.img was not found,
although I had links to it in several places.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net