[CentOS] data recovery

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Fri Sep 23 17:07:42 UTC 2011

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011, Paras pradhan wrote:

> From: Paras pradhan <pradhanparas at gmail.com>
> Subject: [CentOS] data recovery
>
> Hi,
>
> Need help on data recovery.
>
> Suddenly my disk device's geometry has been changed to
> something that does not make any sense. Its a 1.8TB in
> size and had only one single > partition. Now I can see 3
> partitions sde1, sde2 and sde2 of sizes 130M, 140GB and
> 10GB.
>
> Is there any way to recover data from these newly created
> disk devices?

Hi Paras.

AFAIK disks don't get partitioned out of the blue.

They need some sort of intervention to make this happen.

What have you done just before this happened?

Did you try to do an installation of Linux, or something
else?

Also, is it possible for a trojan program to do this to your
HDD?

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: