[CentOS] Broadcom Wifi Problem

Mark Weaver mweaver at compinfosystems.com
Sun Sep 25 10:57:01 UTC 2011

On 9/6/2011 10:06 AM, Michael D. Berger wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 02:28:03 -0700, James A. Peltier wrote:
>
>> I didn't read the whole thread but you should make sure you blacklist
>> the b43, bcm43xx and ssb drivers
>>
>> vi /etc/modprobe.d/broadcom-wl.conf
>>
>> blacklist b43
>> blacklist bcm43xx
>> blacklist ssb
>>
>> and also add intel_iommu=off to the kernel line in your grub
>> configuration.  That works for my broadcom adapter
>>

> I don't have a file /etc/modprobe.d/broadcom-wl.conf .
> I do have /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf in which I put
> what you suggest. Do you think that will do, to should
> I add a new file?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.

Hi Mike,

I noticed the one question that hasn't been asked is, "is it plugged
in?" In other words is the wpa_supplicant service enabled, starting at
boot-time and running?

The reason I ask is because when I first loaded C6 on my Inspiron
wireless worked out of the box, however then there were a few updates
and it stopped working. When all the dust settled I took a look through
the services and noticed that the above mentioned service was diabled
and not running. So, I enabled it, started it and wireless came right
back up.

--
Mark