[CentOS] Rsync CR repo for CentOS 6? was [CentOS-announce] CentOS-6.0 Continuous Release i386 and x86_64

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Sep 27 12:48:41 UTC 2011

On 09/27/2011 07:26 AM, Mathieu Baudier wrote:
> Is it possible to synchronize locally the CR repo?
>
> We usually synchronize all repositories in our internal network via
> the third-party mirrors, but since the CR repo won't be available
> there, it would be nice to be able to rsync directly from centos.org
> (and it would remove some load on it)

its available in the regular mirrors, so you should still be able to use
rsync against someone close to you.

its not that the content isnt available on external mirrors, its more a
case of the default config for the repo only uses content on .centos.org
( since its a lot faster to sync and keep in a stable manner ).

- KB