[CentOS] Odd issue with C6 and NIS

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 19:00:57 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 1:55 PM, James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca> wrote:

> I seem to have this very odd issue with CentOS 6 WRT NIS.  I have taken the
> package selection that I used with CentOS 5 and basically plopped it into my
> C6 kickstart file (see below).  On C5 this works just fine and I'm able to
> log in with NIS credentials just fine.  However, it looks like on C6 if you
> use a package selection like this, you also need to specify the yp-tools
> package as part of the kickstart *even though* you specify an authentication
> method of NIS in the kickstart.  Seems like a bug to me?!?

Current versions of fedora do this as well, in addition to f15 having a
buggy startup script for yp*. I agree with you that if you specify auth, the
tools for it should be there. That said, NIS needs to die. Quickly.

--
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary
act.