[CentOS] [OT] Fetchmail and Mutt help

Todd

slackmoehrle.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 19:32:44 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I setup Fetchmail and wanted to use Mutt to read e-mail. I used to use
Pine and I just am sick of GUI e-mail clients these days. Bloat,
complication and unreliable. Pine was my first ever e-mail client. I
prefer to use POP still as I want may mail on my machine at all times.

I can go into mutt and execute: 'fetchmail -v' and watch it bring down
my e-mail.

But in mutt i dont see anything. I dont see an inbox. no messages. nada.

I set my mail to /Users/jtsm/.mail and if I go to that location I dont
see anything there.

Can anyone help me get setup? Also, can anyone point me how to make
mutt look like this: http://linsec.ca/File:Muttscreen.jpg interms of
the columns? IIRC there use to be a patch but that was so long ago I
dont know if it even applies anymore.

I am reading the Wiki, but who knew Mutt was so extensive...

-Todd