[CentOS] 5.7 x86_64 DVD iso

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Sep 29 16:50:12 UTC 2011

On 9/29/2011 12:24 PM, Michael Weiner wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:39 AM, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>wrote:
>
>> Then you've not looked very hard.  Pick a mirror and it should be easy to
>> find under the isos directory.
>>
>> Actually John, i did take some time to peruse the mirrors list on the
> CentOS site (http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/5/isos/x86_64/) and NONE
> of them have the DVD iso. it wasnt until i found another mirror listing,
> that i managed to find a couple that had the iso i was interested it. I was
> rather disappointed in how unintuitive finding the appropriate DVD was, and
> why everyone has gone to torrents, when i the business world, most places
> have Bittorrent disabled .
>
> Thank you for the URL however, i appreciate that :)
> Michael Weiner

I'm not sure where that url came from, but I went to the CentOS site,
pulled up their North American mirror list from the link under the
"Downloads" menu at the top and randomly checked a couple of the mirrors
that claim to have direct DVD downloads (there are quite a few of
them).  Both of the ones I looked at had the DVD isos available for 5.7.

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=30

--
Bowie