[CentOS] samba3x PDC and Win XP (and now Win 7 Client ... off topic)

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Thu Aug 2 16:34:09 UTC 2012

On 8/2/2012 8:29 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Are you adding all of the required registry entries on the Win7
> machines to have them join the domain?
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7

Thanks, Johnny ... Yes I have added those register entries and was able
to join the Win 7 box to the domain just fine. I was also able to create
a domain user account. I can logon with that domain user account just
fine. The domain user home directory gets connected properly to drive H:
and I can see the \\server\profile\user share just fine. The only thing
that is not occurring is that the profile created on the Win 7 box is a
local profile and not a roaming one with the caveat that if the a local
Win 7 profile is not found it takes the one found on the
\\server\profile\user share as a default.  It is like the Win 7 box is
setup to use local profiles only even if the profile is a roaming one.
There are register entries you can set to make this happen but they are
not present in my registry from what I can see.
--
Paul