[CentOS] KVM Setup for Win7 Pro on CentOS 5.x

Bill Campbell

centos at celestial.com
Wed Aug 15 21:34:16 UTC 2012

Can somebody point me to a HowTO or other documentation describing the
tools available under the CentOS 5 KVM package to create and manage a
Windows 7 Pro VM?  All my VM experience to date has been the old free
VMware Server.

I need to:
   + Create the VM instance allowing for about 50GB total disk space which
     will be either a single image partitioned into two Windows 'Drives'
     for the OS and applications/data, or two images.

   + Install Windows 7 from an OEM System Builder Pack, either using the
     CD/DVD drive on the Linux server or from an image created with 'dd'
     from the Win7 media.

   + Set up network bridging on the private LAN so that the Windows system
     is accessible via OpenVPN connections from the outside world and by
     users on the LAN to run a client/server accounting application.

Thanks

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

The demands of the majority are always greater than taxation
alone can provide and thats where the FED comes in. The value of
the dollar has depreciated 97% since the creation of the FED.