[CentOS] Intel D425KT Motherboard / Realtek RTL8105E

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Fri Aug 17 20:44:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012, Tim Nelson wrote:

*snip*

> "Gross", as in:
>
> -High latency
> -Poor throughput
> -Random link connects/disconnects
> -Random traffic slowdowns
>
> In general, they fit the bill for 'ease of installation',
> but miss the mark on everything else a NIC should be.
>
> Maybe I got a bad batch, but I've tried 4 or 5 different
> models, all the same results.

As a test case, have you tried booting from a recent
Live CD version of Linux, like Parted Magic:

http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=screenshots

It's also included on the UBCD:

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/index.html

If you can get this onboard NIC working OK from Parted
Magic, then at least you know it's not the NIC hardware.

You might find the hardware identification routines in the
Parted Magic distro can give you some helpful pointers too.

HTH

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net