[CentOS] proftp drives me crazy ....

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Aug 21 09:41:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 08/21/2012 10:29 AM, Götz Reinicke wrote:
> I installed proftpd from Centos repository to my Centos 6.3 server.

CentOS does not ship proftpd - so you might want to check where you got
it from.

> can be wrong? Or what may I have to change?
look at the log files on the server to see what is reported, then read
the config files to make sure there is authentication setup.

Or even better, get rid of proftpd and just install vsftpd which should
work out of the box on a CentOS machine ( and its included in the CentOS
repos )

Also, have you considered trimming your signature a bit ? at 23 lines
its a bit over the usual 4 lines that most people stick with on mailing
lists.

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax