[CentOS] Order of sata/sas raid cards

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Thu Aug 23 23:15:45 UTC 2012

I agree with the UUID stuff, I do not like them for the exact same reason.
I do not understand why RedHat cannot include the partition into the UUID,
e.g.

  dev-sda1-c05e-449a-837b-b2579b949d55

As for the first drive, when the kernel boots I think it assigns the
drives in order of the controller on the system bus/slots. As the new controller
sits lower in the slot system (i.e. closer to the CPUs) it is recognised first as
I can see it appearing first in the order being initialized by the kernel.
I cant move it below the old card as there is no slot that has the correct PCI-x8.

I will try the LABEL way of doing ....

I remember that was the same problem a few years back when one had multiple
network interfaces .... until the MAC addresses where introduced into the ifcfg files.

Jobst